Checking in to bring you a DIY checkered doormat. Because checkers are all the rage these days and in my opinion, highly out rank the polka dot. Although summer seems like it just ended, fall and all its color pops are filling the stores with winter rolling in right behind. If you’re looking for a rad way to add a pop of color to your fall/winter doorstep here’s a great, fun and easy DIY project for you! I chose red because it can slide into the holiday season, too.
MATERIALS YOU’LL NEED.
- Blank doormat
- Bristle paint brush
- Recycled cardboard
- Palette board
DIY CHECKERED DOORMAT INSTRUCTIONS.
1. Pick up a doormat*, grab your choice of paint color, a bristle paint brush, and some recycled cardboard, scissors, and palette board for your paint.
2. Cut out (4) 3×3 squares to help create the checkered pattern.
3. Place them on the blank mat canvas and hold them down as you dab the paint on square by square.
4. That’s it! Let it dry and place on your doorstep for all your
visitors to see!
- You can find blank doormats at Target for $9.99 and at
Walmart for $5.99. Ikea sells them, too
BY THE WAY.
If you’re not a fan of checkers you can add cute little sayings or graphics. Thankful, Season’s Greetings, gingerbread house designs, pumpkins… endless possibilities. Just have fun with it!
Visit @thelittlebungalow for more fun projects to keep you inspired and busy!
Find this and more in the November/December issue of OC Mag