The second annual Howl-O-Ween Parade and Dog Day on Saturday, Oct. 22 will invite dogs and their owners to enjoy a day of fun on the Boardwalk.
Leashed dogs will be permitted on the Boardwalk from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 22, and activities will include dog-specific vendors along the Boardwalk, photo-op stations and the Humane Society’s announcement of Ocean City’s “Pet of the Year.” The event will allow owners to shop for dog treats, dog collars, shoot photos with Santa and more. People are encouraged to dress themselves and their dogs in Halloween costumes for the Howl-O-Ween Parade. Registration is now open, and all proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of Ocean City.
Philadelphia Flyers legend Bernie Parent and his wife, Gini, and their dog, Sophia, will be grand marshals for the parade, and Bernie will sign autographs and take photos with fans for an hour before the parade.
The timeline for the day’s events includes:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Dogs permitted on the Boardwalk
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Free photos with Santa in a lifeguard boat at the 11th Street Pavilion
- 12 p.m.: Pet of the Year announcement at the Ocean City Music Pier (Moorlyn Terrace and Boardwalk)
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Free meet-and-greet with Grand Marshal Bernie Parent at the Ocean City Music Pier
- 2 p.m.: Day-of parade registration and pre-registration packet pickup starts at the Ocean City Sports and Civic Center (Sixth Street and Boardwalk)
- 3 p.m.: Boardwalk parade starts at Sixth Street and continues to 12th Street
To sign up as a participant and for more information, please visit www.ocnj.us/dogday. Advance registration ends at 2 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21.
Title Sponsors are Republic Bank and Torma Entertainment. Additional sponsors include: Jilly’s, Manco & Manco, Playland’s Castaway Cove, Kohr Bros., Surf Mall, Ocean City Coffee Company, Copiers Plus, Air Circus, Henry’s Fine Jewelers, Fisherman’s Cove, Stainton’s and Barefoot Trading Company.