MATERIALS YOU’LL NEED.
- 3 bars of organic surf wax
- Essential oils (optional)
- Small glass container
- Wooden stick
- Candle wick
- Hot glue
- Metal bowl
SURF WAX CANDLE INSTRUCTIONS.
1. First unwrap all your wax. Then, chop it up into smaller bits to help melt faster.
2. Take your wick and glue it to bottom of glass container. Once glue dries, wrap the wick around pencil so pencil rests on top of glass making the wick taught.
3. Fill your saucepan with water and place metal bowl on top creating a double broiler. Turn up heat to medium high and put wax pieces in metal bowl. You can add a lid to make it melt faster just stay close by as you need to constantly stir with wooden stick.
4. Add essential oils for some extra scent. Optional.
5. Once wax is fully melted pour it into your prepped glass container. Let sit until fully solid and hard to the touch. You can add shells and things as it is stiffening.
6. Once completely solid, cut your wick down and light away.
BY THE WAY.
You can reuse old wax too after you’re done scraping your board clean. Follow the same steps. Reduce, reuse, recycle and shine on.
Visit @thelittlebungalow for more fun projects to keep you inspired and busy
Find this and more in the August issue of OC Mag