Ocean City’s Halloween Events Continue Through Oct. 31
The dogs will get their day at a new event on the Ocean City Boardwalk on Saturday, Oct. 23. Dog Day and the Humane Society of Ocean City’s Howl-O-Ween Parade will invite dogs and their owners to enjoy a day of fun on the Boardwalk, where pets are prohibited during the rest of the year.
Leashed dogs will be permitted on the Boardwalk from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 23, and activities will include dog-specific vendors at the Ocean City Music Pier, photo-op stations and the Humane Society’s announcement of Ocean City’s “Pet of the Year.” The event will allow owners to shop for dog treats, order custom engraved dog tags, shoot photos with Santa and much more.
People are encouraged to dress themselves and their dogs in Halloween costumes for the Howl-O-Ween Parade at 3 p.m. Registration is open now at www.ocnj.us/dogday, and all proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of Ocean City. Day-of registration will start at 2 p.m. at the Ocean City Civic Center at Sixth Street and Boardwalk. The Howl-O-Ween parade route will run from Sixth Street to 12th Street on the Boardwalk. Prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories with an awards ceremony at the 11th Street Pavilion following the parade.
MORE HALLOWEEN EVENTS IN OCEAN CITY
· Halloween House Decorating Contest: Registration is open for the second annual Halloween House Decorating Contest in Ocean City. The contest encourages everybody to get in the spirit of the holiday in a safe and fun way. Judges will award prizes for homes in each of the city’s four wards and for businesses. Deadline for registration is 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22. A list of participants will be posted, so everybody can see the decorated homes. For more information and to sign up, please visit www.ocnj.us/halloween.
· Halloween Fest: The Ocean City Free Public Library will offer games, stories, crafts and a costume contest 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 under the tent outside the library at 1735 Simpson Avenue.
· Halloween Parade: Ocean City’s popular annual Halloween Parade travels Asbury Avenue from Sixth Street to 11th Street at 7:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 28. The event is sponsored by the Ocean City Exchange Club. For more information, call 800-813-5580 or visit ochp.blogspot.com.
· Halloween Costume Skate: The Ocean City Skate Park at Fifth Street and Asbury Avenue will celebrate Halloween 4 p.m. to dusk on Saturday, Oct. 30. Skateboarders are invited to come dressed for the holiday. There will be prizes for best costume and best trick, and candy for the participants.
· Trick-or-Treating: Hours for traditional trick-or-treating will be 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31.
· “The Addams Family” (School Edition): Students in grades 7 to 12 will star in a comical feast that embraces the wackiness in every family. The iconic TV show is now an award-winning Broadway musical. Show times are 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5 and 6 at the Ocean City Music Pier. Tickets $15. Call 609-399-6111 or visit oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice.
OCEAN CITY WELCOME NIGHT SET FOR OCT. 27
The Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Welcome Night 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 27 at the Ocean City Sports and Civic Center at Sixth Street and Boardwalk. The free event offers residents a chance to meet and learn about Ocean City groups, businesses and organizations. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.