About 500 Jeeps will roll down the boardwalk on Sunday, Oct. 3 and remain on display in lines that stretch from Fifth Street to 14th Street. The Ocean City NJ Jeep Invasion runs from noon to 5 p.m. The event raises money for local charities, and trophies are awarded to the best Jeeps in various categories with trophies awarded at 4 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier. The Jeep Invasion also includes vendors displaying and selling accessories at the Music Pier. Visit njjeepinvasion.com for more information.
At the same time, visitors can take advantage of Table Sales with Ocean City merchants offering discounts on merchandise displayed outdoors between Sixth Street and 14th Street on the boardwalk and downtown Asbury Avenue. The table sales will take place on both Saturday and Sunday.
The final day of the season for the weekly Farmers Market on the grounds of the Ocean City Tabernacle will be on Wednesday, Sept. 29. The market will feature the best of fresh produce from local farms in the region, along with a variety of craft vendors. Hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Fall Block Party and Fireworks Spectacular (Oct. 9): The popular Fall Block party returns on Saturday, Oct. 9 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. More than 400 crafters, food vendors, music and more will line Asbury Avenue from Fifth Street to 14th Street. At 9 p.m. that evening, fireworks will light the skies over the boardwalk from Fifth Street to 14th Street. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
· Boardwalk and Downtown Merchant Table Sales (Oct. 9-11): 6th Street to 14th Street on the Boardwalk and Asbury Avenue.
· “Beehive — The ’60s Musical” (Oct. 8, 9, 15, 16, 17): A toe-tapping musical tribute to the rockin’ women who made the music of the era so special – everyone from Lesley Gore to Janis Joplin, from the Shirelles to the Supremes, Aretha Franklin to Tina Turner. This fully staged musical revue will feature a professional cast of performers. Show times are 7 p.m. October 8, 9, 15 and 16, and 2 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Ocean City Music Pier. Tickets $20, $18 (seniors). Call 609-399-6111 or visit oceancityvacation.com/boxoffice.
· Making Strides Breast Cancer of Ocean City (Oct. 10): The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides is a 5000+ participant breast cancer fundraising 5K walk honoring over 250 survivors in Ocean City. Information and registration are available at http://www.makingstrideswalk.org/OceanCityNJ.
· Porsche Boardwalk Reunion (Oct. 16): Porsches will be displayed from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Boardwalk from 6th Street to 14th Street. More than 350 Porsches of all models and years between 1954 and 2021 are expected. Free Tech Sessions on Porsche-related topics open to all at the Music Pier.
· John R. Elliott Hero Walk and 1-Mile Fun Run (Oct. 17): The HERO Fun Run will take place at 10 a.m. HERO ceremonies are at 10:30 a.m. The HERO Walk along the Ocean City boardwalk commences at 11 a.m. The organization raises awareness of the importance of sober designated drivers. Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the Sports & Civic Center, 6th & Boardwalk. For more information, visit herocampaign.org or call 609-626-3880.
Find a list of more Fall happenings in our September/October magazine.