Ocean City is planning to open the 2021 season with a number of safe events for families.
“We’re looking forward to the return of as many events as possible this year, but health and safety will always be our top priority. We may not be able to hold all of them, and some may look different. Every event that happens will be in full compliance with current public health guidelines and require masks and social distancing.
Look for further announcements on events throughout the year.
· The Great Egg Hunt (March 27): The traditional beach event moves up onto the boardwalk this year. Participating merchants will invite children up to age 7 to visit stores with their families to collect eggs filled with treats and surprises. The event will run from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. or while supplies last. Flyers will direct families to participating stores.
· The Great Egg Hunt (April 3): Boardwalk merchants will provide children with a second opportunity to participate in the Egg Hunt from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call 1-800-BEACH-NJ for more information.
· Easter Sunrise Service (April 4): A traditional non-denominational service by the sea begins at 6:30 a.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier (Moorlyn Terrace and Boardwalk). Call 609-399-6111 for more information.
· Dueling Pianos (April 4): The Philly Keys will perform their hit dueling pianos show starting at noon in front of the Ocean City Music Pier. The outdoor show provides free fun for the entire family. The Philly Keys will take a break for the Easter Fashion Stroll and then resume.
· Easter Fashion Stroll (April 4): Come dressed in your Easter’s best for our Fashion Stroll in front of the Music Pier. Judging begins at 1 p.m. Prizes awarded for Best Dressed Children, Teen, Adults and Family. For more information, call 609-399-6111.
· Comic Book and Memorabilia Show (April 10): Shop comic book vendors from all genres 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier. This modified event will be vendor-specific. It will not include the Cosplay, discussion panels, celebrity appearances or Super Hero Runs of past OC-Con events. Capacity limits will be in place. Call 609-399-6111 for more information or to sign up as a vendor. Vendors can register online at ocnj.recdesk.com/Community/Program under “Events.”
· Girls Weekend (April 10 and 11): It’s time to put yourself first! Girls Weekend take place on downtown Asbury Avenue between 6th Street and 14th Street. Shopping and dining specials 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. all weekend, accommodation packages, wellness classes, and so much more. For more information, call 1-800-BEACH-NJ.
· Doo Dah Parade (Canceled): Because outdoor gatherings larger than 50 people are still prohibited by executive orders from the governor, the April 17 Doo Dah Parade will be canceled. The city had been holding out hope that restrictions on outdoor events would be relaxed by this time, but the parade requires advance planning on the part of both the city and participants. The Mr. Mature America Pageant, which had been scheduled for that evening, will move to September with Barry Williams (who starred in “The Brady Bunch”) still on tap to be the host.
· Spring Beach Sweeps (Canceled): Due to the popularity of Ocean City’s spring beach cleanup event and the 50-person limit on outdoor gatherings, Ocean City will not participate in the Clean Ocean Action Spring Beach Sweeps this spring. Volunteers can visit cleanoceanaction.org to see other locations in the area that are participating, read safety guidelines and register.
· Sports Memorabilia Show (April 24): Shop sports vendors from all teams 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ocean City Music Pier. This modified event will be vendor-specific. Capacity limits will be in place. Call 609-399-6111 for more information or to sign up as a vendor. Vendors can register online at ocnj.recdesk.com/Community/Program under “Events.”
· Free Paper-Shredding Day (May 1): Ocean City will hold its semi-annual Paper Shredding Day 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Shelter Road Recycling Center off Tennessee Avenue. This no-contact event will observe all public health guidelines. The event is free to residents and property owners in Ocean City. Please bring a driver’s license or other proof of residency/home ownership.
Many have asked about the Spring Block Party, tentatively scheduled for May 1. There will be an announcement about that event shortly.