Halloween will look a little different this year, but weren’t masks already in fashion anyways?
Looking at the events guide below, things really don’t seem that different. The Cape May County Zoo is still doing their typical events. Upper Township, Somers Point and Ocean City are having trick or treating. There’s even trick or treating Downtown on Asbury Avenue.
Below is a guide to events happening in Ocean City and the surrounding areas.
- Ocean City
- The Ocean City Skate Park at Fifth and Asbury Avenue will be having a skate and a costume contest on October 31 from 4pm until dusk. There will be candy, prizes and music.
- Check out the house decorating contest in Ocean City. Participants in the contest hope to win prize packages from the Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Ocean City Trick or Treat takes place from 4-7pm on October 31. If you are a participating house, you can print a door hanger to let trick or treaters know. You can also pick these up from City Hall, the Welcome Center on the 9th Street Bridge, the Aquatic and Fitness Center and the Knight Building.
- Downtown Trick or treat will take place from 2-4pm on October 31.
- Bowfish Kids is having a costume contest. Participants can either sign up online for a photoshoot time or take pictures using the printable contest flyer. Winners will receive a prize from Jilly’s, Manco & Manco, Bungalow Bowls, and a $100 gift card to Bowfish Kids.
- Jilly’s Arcade is hosting a “Trunk or Treat” event in the Arcade parking lot on October 31 from 3-4pm. If you are looking to decorate your car, dress up and distribute candy, there is a form on Jilly’s website. Set-up is at 2:30pm.
- Drip N’ Scoop is having “Drip N’ Spook” on October 31 from 6:30am- 11pm. There will be donut and coffee specials as well as a virtual costume contest.
- Gillian’s Wonderland Pier is hosting “Halloween at Wonderland” on October 31 from 12pm-5pm. They will be offering $15 wristbands to go on indoor and some outdoor rides. Children are encouraged to wear a costumes and there will be candy offered.
- Somers Point
- On October 29 at 6:30pm, enjoy “Murders, Mysteries & Ghost Stories at the Somers Mansion.” Listen to spooky stories around a campfire while wearing a mask.
- Trick or treat in Somers Point will take place on October 31 at 6-8pm.
- Trick or Treat will take place October 31 from 4-7pm.
- Boo at the Zoo (Cape May County Zoo)
- You can visit the Cape May County Zoo from now until October 31 to take part in a scavenger hunt.
- There is also an option to donate money to feed an animal a treat. You will receive a video of the animal getting that treat.
- The zoo is holding a virtual costume contest with prizes awarded to various groups. Participants can either mail or email their pictures. The deadline is noon on October 30.