There is still plenty of time to get your seasonal beach tag at a discount thanks to an extension by the City. The seasonal discounted tag is $20 until June 30, 2020.
2020 OFFICIAL BEACH TAG INFORMATION from www.ocnj.us
For additional information, call 609-399-6111, ext. 9377. Purchase beach tags in-person at the following locations:
- City Hall: At the reception desk. Hours are 8:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays (including Memorial Day).
- Music Pier/Box Office Window: Purchase from the window. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday; and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
- Route 52 Causeway Welcome Center: Purchase from the window. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Henry Knight Building: Purchase from the lobby. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- 34th Street Information Center: Hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines when purchasing beach tags. Stay 6 feet apart in line, wear a face covering, and wash or sanitize your hands after the transaction.
Beach Tags are required for all beachgoers ages 12 and older and will be in effect from June 6 through Sept. 7 in 2020. Seasonal tags cost $20 if purchased by June 30, 2020. Only seasonal tags are available for purchase if using online or mail-order options. Weekly daily and military beach tags will be available at a later date. Military Tags: Free seasonal tags are available to veterans and active military members. Remember to have proper military identification to receive your free tag(s). Veterans receive free tags (veteran only). Active military members, spouses and immediate children up to age 23 also are eligible to receive free tags. The veteran/military tags are available at: City Hall, the Route 52 Welcome Center, and the Music Pier Welcome Center (see hours above). For active: active military member, spouse – both with current military ID and immediate children (up to age 23). For veteran: veteran only with current veteran ID. Note: Unlike other veteran benefits, a beach tag does not transfer to a surviving spouse. All new recipients will be required to complete and sign a tracking form. Anyone who has received a military / veteran tag in the past needs only to show a driver’s license. The spouse and children of a deployed service member can receive their tags; they just need to show proper ID. However, they CANNOT pick up a tag for their deployed spouse.
See 40 years of Ocean City’s beach tags in this article by Fred Miller here