In the latest issue of Ocean City Magazine, the editor talks about September in Ocean City and how it is her favorite time of the year. The weather is perfect, the ocean is warmer, and the crowds during the week have thinned out.
Many worry about stores being open in September and what will they do at the shore, after all it is fall. There is plenty to do and see in the fall in Ocean City, NJ. Stores closing after Labor Day is a thing of the past. In fact, Downtown (Asbury Avenue) stores are open all year round. Boardwalk shops and restaurants stay open through Columbus Day weekend and if the weather is good through October. Some boardwalk businesses are open all year.
If you need more to do to convince your travel mate then check out the list of events that are happening in Ocean City during the month.
Here are our choices of activities for a September visit…
1. Visit last OC Farmers Market on Wednesday, September 9th at 8am so we can get a jump on the day (and the best produce).
2. Sit on the beach and finish up our summer reading.
3. Take a dip in the ocean.
4. Enjoy lunch on the boardwalk
5. Check out a car show or an airshow on the boardwalk.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
7. Return to our hotel, B&B, or rental and get ready for a night out.
8. Enjoy dinner at one of the many Downtown restaurants.
9. Head to the Music Pier to enjoy the Grease Band or the OC Pops.
10. Stroll the boardwalk, shop, and have a special treat before heading to bed.